JustFishin

New guy needs some advice.

Hello everyone, new guy here. Need some advise on an injector. Looking at the Jacobs Mold & Machine hand injector. I was thinking would I be better off getting a dual injector that comes apart to use as a single? I am just starting out this will be the 1st thing I purchase. I just built a bench to work from & ill pick up a cheap microwave from Walmart. I know there are quite a few things to get, I figure I'll get the expensive stuff out of the way now. Looking to just make some bait for myself and some friends. 

Thanks 

Mike 

Welcome aboard new guy! After years of using laminate plates, I bought a dual injector as a Christmas gift to myself. My advice. Go with the best you can afford. Make sure your injectors have locking nozzles. I have the dual from Fat Guys Fishing. It takes a lot of pressure to inject my molds. If they weren't locking, I'm sure they'd shoot right off making a dangerous mess.

• Like 1

No doubt Rick Jacobs makes some very  nice molds & injectors too. I wouldn't hesitate to buy one of his products. I have several of his molds & they are definitely top notch.  As far as a dual injector goes i would buy one to do like you said about taking it apart & using it as tow  singles. Even though i have a bass tackle dual 6oz. & a single 6oz. I do at times take my dual apart so i can shoot three 6 oz. injectors at a time when i'm pumping a bunch of different baits out at once & it works great. If i was doing it over i'd buy a dual first. 

Edited by Les Young

JustFishin, How did you make out? I would like to see some of your creations.

Tip: a mold is not always necessary to making soft plastics. You'd be amazed what you can create using a glassy floor tile or tablespoon as a mold such as this surface lure.

IMG-3477.jpg

Edited by SpoonMinnow
  • Like 1