Painter1

Skirt making tool

I have seriously lost my tool and am not seeing its replacement on Barlow’s, etc.  It was green, about 10”-12” long and about 4” wide.  Bought it several decades ago.   Ideas on getting a replacement are most welcome.

Thank you. That is exactly what I lost and want to replace.  The site fooled me because I looked under “Tools” at first.  Unfortunately they are out of stock.  Anyone have one to sell/trade? 

IMG_0084.jpeg

I wire tie my skirts anymore. Got tired of the rubber degrading and losing the skirts or even the threat of it. If you wire tie the silicone lasts forever. I do have a tool for the bands that I bought from Bubba Robinson years ago. The tool is based off the torpedo type tools but mounted on a piece poly butyl that you can clamp on a work station. Be glad to post a pic if you want one and would be relatively easy to make.

• Like 2

On 4/25/2024 at 7:19 PM, Apdriver said:

I wire tie my skirts anymore. Got tired of the rubber degrading and losing the skirts or even the threat of it. If you wire tie the silicone lasts forever. I do have a tool for the bands that I bought from Bubba Robinson years ago. The tool is based off the torpedo type tools but mounted on a piece poly butyl that you can clamp on a work station. Be glad to post a pic if you want one and would be relatively easy to make.

That would be great. Please do. 

On 5/5/2024 at 8:19 PM, Painter1 said:

That would be great. Please do. 

I will do that but have a bit of an issue as in I left town today on a weeklong Smallmouth trip up to Rainy Lake and it’s in my shop at home. I will see if I have an old photo of it and if I can find one I’ll post it. Otherwise, it’ll be a week or so.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Apdriver said:

I will do that but have a bit of an issue as in I left town today on a weeklong Smallmouth trip up to Rainy Lake and it’s in my shop at home. I will see if I have an old photo of it and if I can find one I’ll post it. Otherwise, it’ll be a week or so.

Have a great trip!

On 4/12/2024 at 7:11 PM, Painter1 said:

I have seriously lost my tool and am not seeing its replacement on Barlow’s, etc.  It was green, about 10”-12” long and about 4” wide.  Bought it several decades ago.   Ideas on getting a replacement are most welcome.

I may be able to put my hands one if you're still looking.