T.McC

Airbrush recommendations

Sorry to bring this topic up again I have read through a bunch of different posts that are the same or similar on here. A lot of them very old so the links don’t work. Anyways, I am looking for an airbrush set up for 150-200$ for everything. I do not have a small compressor so I would like to get a complete kit for that price. I know there are quite a few options, but I would like an airbrush. That is the best quality I can get for that cost. Figured I would ask for any recommendations of people that actually have what they are recommending and are happy with it. Would be great to get advice from experienced painters that have been able to compare other guns .

Thanks in advance 

36 minutes ago, 21xdc said:

Thank you. Have you tried many other guns? I’m just curious great price on that gun but I just want to make sure I get something of quality and it seems like that is rather cheap so just curious if you have compared it to better quality guns? As I know being a woodworker, you never know until you try other things. Also that compressor I’ve found much cheaper ones that seem highly recommended so wonder if it’s necessary to spend 160$ on compressor. Seems if I’m spending that on the compressor I might wanna spend a little bit more on a gun.
Anyways, I really appreciate your help and will look into both the options you sent. 

Yes, I don't like any other brush I have owned as well. Not the Iwata or Paasche. 

Get any compressor you like, But this is a good and quiet one that I know you would be happy with for many years. It will also do many other tasks like nail guns, fill tires, etc... Unlike an airbrush specific compressor... 

I got the Iwata eclipse  at the recommendation of a professional artist/art teacher. No complaints, but I can't compare it to other brushes. It's the only one I have and I don't invest a ton of time painting.

(Welcome to the hobby!)