JayC37jigs

Are there any jig tying competitions out there?

I entered in one a Couple years ago. I thought it was fun. I didn’t submit my favorite pattern, but one that I come up with that I had not seen anyone do before. Just curious if you guys know of anything. I have a couple patterns I’ve come with over the years (usually in the winter months). I would like to enter them.

31 minutes ago, cadman said:

It looks like Tackle Underground still has their yearly competition for all categories. I think they post it in one of their forums on when it is.

Man, so I’ve just missed it the last year or two. I thought I’ve seen it posted through somewhere else before.

On 6/20/2024 at 10:04 PM, bassjiggin1955 said:

Cadman have you started tying the Lions Collar jigs yet. 

Im still amazed how fast you pick up tying the puffball jig .  I cant wait to see you putting out the Loins Collar.  

No I have not. Been putting in a lot of hours at work, so right now I don't have much time.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, bassjiggin1955 said:

Im still dealing with my stroke I had 5 weeks ago. Alot of Doctor appointments and I have to stay away from sharp objects. Doctors orders for 3 more weeks and no fishing which is a bummer. My memory is slow and still trying to reboot.

Hope you recover fully. May take some time, as you know. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, bassjiggin1955 said:

Im still dealing with my stroke I had 5 weeks ago. Alot of Doctor appointments and I have to stay away from sharp objects. Doctors orders for 3 more weeks and no fishing which is a bummer. My memory is slow and still trying to reboot.

Do they have you in rehab?  I had speech and cognitive, physical and occupational therapy after mine until I passed all of the tests.  Then it was a yearly visit to a neurologist.

Edited by Jig Man
  • Like 1

Im seeing two doctors now my heart doctor and my neurologist Im takin 3 different meds now two will be permanent.  On rehab just rest and I get tired if I try to do to much. There still working on the origin of where the clot came from. There trying to pinpoint it down so they can prevent it from happening again. 

• Like 1

My memory and driving are going to hender me for awhile I can drive for some but I get tired and lose my train of though. I thought the doctors would restrict me form driving the DMV cops would come calling. Both doctors said they were not going to send anything to the DMV. 

• Confused 1