Jig Man

Temporary filler

The thread on wire keepers got me to thinking about how to do this using my football jig mold.  I would like to be able to put a filler in and take it out as needed.  I have used high temp silicone in the past and it was a bear to remove.  If I were to coat the mold with oil before applying the silicone would it release when set?  Would Frankfort Arsenal dropout spray before hand get it to release?

Please disregard this thread.  I got excited after reading the other bait keeper thread.  I went out and checked my mold.  There isn’t enough room for the keeper unless I do some major mod which I don’t want to do.

• Like 1

Well, just in case if you do need to do a temp mod, I used some Lee case sizing lube (what I had on hand) to easily release the high temp silicone from the mold. I think any oil or thin wax coating will work

• Like 1

I don't make jigs to sell anymore so speed is not important .

You can add a keeper to any hook or jig with a piece of braided line , a staple gun staple cut down  , and super glue . Tie the keeper to the hook shank with braid and put a thin coating of super on the braid and Viola!

A trailer will stay on fish after fish