Kasilofchrisn

Shipping Plastisol.

So I'm looking to get started In making a few soft plastic baits for my fishing here in Alaska.

I'm having issues with companies that don't want to ship plastisol here or want to charge crazy high shipping charges.

Like $85 in shipping for $125 in plastisol.

There is a local freight forwarder who would give me a reasonable price on shipping from their headquarters in Fife, Washington.

But if there's any hazardous stickers on it, hazmat, ormd, or anything of that nature, that would add $152 per order to my shipping price.

So for those of you that have plastisol shipped to you Is it considered hazardous or does it have any hazard warning stickers on the box at all?

I know I should call the manufacturer or retailer that's selling it, but it seems to me that you guys have tried all the different brands so I wouldn't have to call them each independently as I try to decide who to order from.

7 minutes ago, Arne said:

When you order, try calling whoever you order from.  Then you can ask about the hazmat stickers. Arne.

Yeah, it's just that I haven't decided where I'm ordering from yet.

There's a bunch of choices.

Soo I figured why not ask the experienced guys here first!

Now that Apdriver has let me know I have more confidence that my plan will actually work!

I'll still call them.

But at least I'm fairly confident it won't be an issue!

So, I called bait plastics and a nice lady told me they actually do ship to Alaska.

I just have to email her my order.

they cannot do it through their current website.

apparently though they will be updating their website soon which may fix that issue.

Shipping was very reasonable by Alaska standards.

Regardless this is very good news.