Dbox95

Hoping for help estimating mold volume

Hello,

I'm looking to get into my first soft plastic mold - mostly to create a tail I find hard to get as it's often out of stock.  I'm going to order a multi-cavity mold but want to ensure I can fill it in one shot so I'm trying to determine the right number of cavities and injector size.  I'll be doing a laminate, two color bait ideally.

If I were to purchase the basstackle dual injector with 6 oz injectors (so 12 oz total) does anyone have a safe estimate on how many cavities I could fill in a 4" swimbait mold?  Here is a link to the mold - as you can see, you can order it from a single up to 6 cavities.  I'll be ordering the one injection port aluminum mold - just trying to decide how many caivities I should order...
https://bugmolds.com/bestsellers/1430-34303-v719#/26-qty_of_cavities_in_1_mold-1_cav/33-mold_material-aluminum/34-injection_ports-1_for_all

Any adivce would be most appreciated!

On 9/21/2024 at 11:40 PM, Dbox95 said:

Hello,

I'm looking to get into my first soft plastic mold - mostly to create a tail I find hard to get as it's often out of stock.  I'm going to order a multi-cavity mold but want to ensure I can fill it in one shot so I'm trying to determine the right number of cavities and injector size.  I'll be doing a laminate, two color bait ideally.

If I were to purchase the basstackle dual injector with 6 oz injectors (so 12 oz total) does anyone have a safe estimate on how many cavities I could fill in a 4" swimbait mold?  Here is a link to the mold - as you can see, you can order it from a single up to 6 cavities.  I'll be ordering the one injection port aluminum mold - just trying to decide how many caivities I should order...
FintechZoom Plug Stock

Any adivce would be most appreciated!

To estimate the volume of a mold, you can use a few methods depending on its shape and complexity. For simple geometric shapes, such as cubes or cylinders, you can apply standard volume formulas.

For your reference, I have the 6oz BassTackle dual injector and am able to shoot 8 cavities of the anglingai 3.8 inch rip rap mold with a little leftover. I do need to preheat my injectors a little first though so that the first shoots dont set up too quick in the injector.

• Like 1