Apdriver

Hook Experts please step in!!!

I needed some hooks for a mold I modified and to my surprise, it seems these are no longer available. At least I couldn’t find them. It’s the Eagle Claw L2831BP. I think Mustad also made the hook and their number is 32831 or at least it was. It’s a 90 degree jig hook. I’m pretty sure this hook had a little longer shank and it’s a round bend hook. Does anyone know where to get any or can anyone offer a replacement on these? TIA…..

VMC 7247 ?

Gamakatsu 114 has a slightly longer shank relative to point gap ie: a 2/0 Gami has a 1/0  gap, so its comparable to a longer shank standard 1/0.  Eye legs might be undersize compared to 32831.

I use 114 up to size 2/0, dunno about bigger sizes.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ogajiga said:

VMC 7247 ?

Gamakatsu 114 has a slightly longer shank relative to point gap ie: a 2/0 Gami has a 1/0  gap, so its comparable to a longer shank standard 1/0.  Eye legs might be undersize compared to 32831.

I use 114 up to size 2/0, dunno about bigger sizes.

I’ll take a look at the 7247 and the 114 but I’m not crazy about the Gami prices. I had enough 2831’s left to get me by for now. Luremaking suggested a Mustad 3205 as a replacement but it does have a shorter shank than the 2831’s. Really need that longer shank so thanks for your suggestion.

• Like 1