TJE6996

Brush Fishing

Near my house there is a small lake with alot of brush and fallen trees along the shoreline. I usually use a plastic worm(YUM Dinger) or a floating rapala and do just fine but at the end of the season more people were doing the same thing and I was catching less...Any new suggestions on how to catch more bass in brush?

THANKS,

TJE6996

Flip a brush hog (creature bait) or sweet beaver type bait into the brush, let it sit there and just shake your pole tip for a few seconds....then hold on!!!

You can also throw a senko or finesse worm (rigged with weedless hook) wacky style as these work very well during the spring..

Jim

PS don't forget a good ole jig/pig combo!!!

Jig-n-pig (or chunk) or Jig-n-worm flip it up tight to the wood and shake it all the way to the bottom, let it sit about 15-20 seconds then hop it 6" to a foot let it sit a bit longer then try another location.

Dropshot rig with a 2"-4" soft plastic minnow.

Crippled herring jigging spoon fished vertical.

Weightless t-rigged soft plastic jerkbait try to walk the dog with it through the tops of the brush then let it flutter down at the edge or when it smacks into a branch.

Robert

Near my house there is a small lake with alot of brush and fallen trees along the shoreline. I usually use a plastic worm(YUM Dinger) or a floating rapala and do just fine but at the end of the season more people were doing the same thing and I was catching less...Any new suggestions on how to catch more bass in brush?

THANKS' date='

TJE6996[/quote']

Yep I have the "rig" to change this for ever

"you sad you wanted "new"

I know that is a bold statement, but my wiggle rig allows you to remotely control your lure with it sitting in one spot, you lure's action follows the action of the rod tip, totaly follows it forward and back, allowing for a totaly natural equal vibration is both directions.

You make just one cast to the brush, and let the fish come to the lure, you can change the action to any amount you like, untill the fish hits the lure.

This changes fishing, it takes practice to master it, but it opens up a whole new world to fishing structure. If you want to be able to fish a lure for as long as you wish in one spot, this is the only solution. You have to see it , to believe it. I'm not saying that anyone can master the techniqe, but those who do, kick some major butt with it.

Yoiu can find out more from my web site, just click the wiggle rig link

wiggle2_rig.gif

wiggle2_rig.gif

wiggle2_rig.gif

wiggle2_rig.gif

wiggle2_rig.gif

wiggle2_rig.gif

wiggle2_rig.gif

wiggle2_rig.gif

1403_thumb.attach

Is'nt that the same as a drop shot?

Not even close, well I guess it's close, but the action produced between the two rigs can not even be compaired, drop shotting uses gravity to pull the lure back down, you twitch it up, gravity "slowly" pulls it "DOWN", you twitch it a smug too much and you have moved the weight.

WIth the wiggle rig , you twitch it up the wiggle twitches it back towards the weight, in an "equal" twitch, you vibrate the rod tip, the lure vibrates equaly in both directions, (awesome in muddy or exstreamly low visibility water, as the bass's lateral lines pick up the vibrations and attack it) it makes a plastic minow actualy "swim" in a circle quivering, it makes a plastic worn turn and twist like a real night crawler was just droped into the water.

You can still use it just like a drop shot,, you can still let gravity slowly pull it down,, for fish wanting that dead fall, but the difference between the two is unreal,, this rig can be fished on the surface (we call this "Slapping") , it's like a buz bait, but it's in one spot, you throw the weight on the bank or the top of weeds or brush, pull the lure to the surface and as hard as you can machine gun the rod tip, the lure splashes water everywhere (awesome in mill foil, and hydrilla pockets and holes) this rig can be fished very productivly 75 feet from the boat in 8 inches of water, try working a drop shot rig like that.

The different ways and locations, you fish this rig and the different actions you can put on lures is endless, only limited to your emagination. It's a true remote control for lures

I could have never gotten a patent on a drop shot rig :-)

Rockhopper:

Just for the sake of clarification on patent laws. Lets say I'm a real cheapskate & would not want to pay for your wiggle rig but appreciates it's property so I go out & jury rig up one with rubber-bands I got off the postman for free. The properties of rubber-bands might not work as well as spectraelastic but hey it sort of works too. What's my status then in this case? Am I infringing and ripping you off? And does it become worse if I tell my buddies about this cheapskate rig & they start using it too?

From what I see is some inventions are just so easy to do it in "another" way when someone has done the hard work of working it out & inventing the technique/equipment. So in this case how do you protect your own interest?

Rockhopper:

Just for the sake of clarification on patent laws. Lets say I'm a real cheapskate & would not want to pay for your wiggle rig but appreciates it's property so I go out & jury rig up one with rubber-bands I got off the postman for free. The properties of rubber-bands might not work as well as spectraelastic but hey it sort of works too.

Actually they won't work at all' date=' unless you use a min. of 3 Oz of weight, and don't cast it. rubber by it's self won't work period, although I did file on it on my patent, as well as springs, and everything else you can think of, but the only thing that works is Spectastic, it's the only thing that has the breaking strenght that allows you to cast, and the light streach strenght for you to use a small weight, although my patent covers all elastic threads, they just will not hold up, the slighest snag breaks them off even if you can cast them, you would go through 20 weights and elastics a day.

The general Idea of the Wiggle didn't take me 2 hours to come up with, it took months of trial and error (all errror) until I invented the material that would work in the wild, and now at a cost of just 25 cents each, you can't get cheaper

What's my status then in this case?

Rubber alone,, have fun, it just won't work, and your cost of weights will be huge, (I dropped the rubber claim, as they said it would require another patent filed)

Am I infringing and ripping you off? And does it become worse if I tell my buddies about this cheapskate rig & they start using it too?

ANy type of eleastic, yes your infringing, but your not saving any money, it's costing you

From what I see is some inventions are just so easy to do it in "another" way when someone has done the hard work of working it out & inventing the technique/equipment. So in this case how do you protect your own interest?

I'm lucky in this one, nothing else actually will work worth a hoot, and since I'm the world's only supplier of SPecTastic, I have the market locked up :-)

Isn't that the rig that Renownsky sells now? called the Boomerang rig or something like that?

Yes he uses the first material I invented for this (he is a licensee of mine)

The Boomerange requires a minimum of 1 Oz of weight to work properly, the wiggle rig uses as little as 3/8 Oz or as much as you want to use