millsryno

Getting ready for a Sta-Warm

I've been doing a lot of searching on the web, looking at different melting pots. The sta-warm seems to be the one most guys are using. They offer a 2 quart model (Model # 2cn) that dispenses from the bottom for $532. A few questions for you guys using these pots. If anybody is using this particular sta-warm, how is the thermostat? I hear so many complaints about the lee pots that I am not even going to waste my time with one of them. Temperature control is essential to me. How is the dispensing system (spigot, does it get all the plastic out of the pot, etc.)

Has anybody found a good mixer to use with this pot? This is also an important issue to me as most of my baits are salted. They refered me to www.indco.com but the mixers cost more than the pot. Maybe somebody has tried a drill press, food mixer, etc. How has it worked for you and what were the costs involved. What RPM and torque rating are needed?

Has anybody tried a different manufacturer? I have also looked at C.E.S., Wenesco and Waage. Why did you go with one of these other manufacturers, what did you get, what was the cost, how is it performing, etc....

I'm also wondering if you guys are just using the pots to keep the plastic melted, then dispensing it into a cup and adding flake and coloring, then pouring from a cup into molds or are you dispensing directly from the pot into your molds.

Has anybody timed their production with ,say, 5" stick baits? How many can you produce an hour with a pot?

Any other info, tips, suggestions you guys have would be greatly appreciated. This is a one shot deal for me and I want to make sure I do it right.

Oh yeah, has anybody purchased one of those new pots from Wenesco? The one for $2200+ that has a mounted mixer, it is pressurized, etc. How has it been doing for you? Was it worth the extra money?

Thanks,

Ryan