millsryno

Yamamoto Senkos have lead in them?

Has anybody noticed that the Yamamoto Senkos now have a warning label on them stating that they contain lead and it is known to cause cancer in California? I have not noticed this in the past. Kinami has also added this to their packaging.

There has been some speculation that Yamamoto adds more than salt to his plastic. I have not looked into it, but I bet you can buy powdered lead.

He has repackaged his worms into more attractive packaging and I have noticed that they seem to have more worm oil on them and seem to be a bit softer. Has anybody else noticed anything?

I dont think they have lead in them. I think they are adding that label required by CA.

If you melt them down you wont find any in the bottom of the pan.

the ca laws are extream and they require a sticker even if the bait came in contact with lead even while packaging.

Since they put the sticker on the bait. a simple phone call to them and they would have to tell you if there baits have lead in them.

basically just ask them why they had to put the sticker on it.

I am betting that some of the pigments they use might contain some trace of lead somewhere. kinda like unleaded gas it still has traces of lead in it.

remember plastic is a petrolium product and most petrolium products have traces of lead.

Delw

Also because of California and New Jersey laws, many manufactures have been "forced" to slap that darn sticker on everthing. It gets put on products that have no reason to have it. According to what I read the cost associated with seperating out inventory with and without stickers, time spent paying attention to the shipments, etc.... it is much easier for them to pass the price onto consumers and have all packaging done with the "Cali label". All the non residents of these states then manage to get punished with our purchases because of it. If I recall correctly it was A LOT of money consumers end up paying a year for this very informative (now virtually meaningless) sticker.