MassBass

New guy from the North East

Whats up dudes. I just found out about this forum today and had to join. I've been interested in making custom plastics for some time and didn't know anyone to help me get my feet wet. I'm from Massachusetts (yeah, its still a state in the Union) and loves me some fishin'. I'm going after some record largemouth, smallies, and stripers. I'm into trying my hand at making realistic swimbaits to immitate herring, white perch, bluegills, other forage fish and other plastics. I'm looking forward to learning what I can from you guys and talking with you all. This forum is killer and can't wait to post again. If you got any tips for a beginner as far as articles, books, and safety measures I wouldn't know about give me a heads up. later...... :grin:

Hey massbass, JD here. I'm from Western Mass (Southwick). This is a great forum to get started into this addictive hobby with. Feel free to contact me anytime with questions. Everyone here has been very helpful and accomodating with information.

Proper ventilation is a must! A mask (for paint fumes) is also recommended. I pour from multiple Lee pots (most others here pour from a microwave). I pour single sided and double sided molds which I make from plaster or Durham's water putty. They are then coated with acetone-thinned 2-part epoxy. I get most of my supplies from Lurecraft or Delw. I pour stick baits, chunks, creature baits, frogs, lizards, sluggo-style baits, and I just started pouring 6-inch grubs for stripers.

This is a fun hobby in the winter!