wantsome

What does everyone here fish for (species)?

Hi my names Josh and I'm new to this site. I just wanted to say this site is the cats pajama's.

I fugured I'd start by asking everyone what they fish for. Me I'm in michigan about 5 miles from Lake St Clair. I'm luckey I have it all within a hours drive. To the south on the Detroit river and lake Erie I have a world class walleye fishery at my disposal. To the East on Lake St Clair I can catch 5lb smallies all day long and the ocasional muskie. To the north is Lake Huron wich isnt what is used to be but I still get luckey on the Lakers King Cohos Browns and Steelhead.

With this type of fishery at my door step figured I learn to paint some lures and maybe if I'm good enough sell a few. I still can't get over the wealth of information on this site. I've learned more about painting lures in two days here then 2 weeks searching the web and talking to countless hobby shops.

Woodie, I'd love to. I'm within maybe 5 hours from there, but I don't know the area or the waters.

I hear nothing but great stories about that place though and I'd love to get some info if you have any.

I can also share info on our waters too if you're interested. I fish Leesville, Piedmont, and West Branch in Ohio along with Pymatuning which borders both Ohio and Pennsylvania.

I understand that the trolling on St. Clair is excellent.

Thanks for the offer of help, Woodie, I may shoot you an email this summer for some trip tips if things work out.

Emptycooler, nice looking baits and I like your website also.

Empty, do you fish Pymatuning at all? It should be relatively close to you and the south end is one of the best kept secrets for muskies right now. My partner and I had a record day there two years ago. We hooked 13 and boated seven in one day. Out of that, the biggest was my partner's 46 incher. I can promise you we would have hooked more if my partner had not lost the bait that lit the place on fire that afternoon. It was one of those days that you remember for a long, long time.

I've been building baits specifically for that lake because of the usual color combination that produced that day.

By the way, woodie, I saw Pete Mania's TV show about fishing the narrows of the Detroit river near St Clair and I noticed that the fish hit a variety of baits of there. Which styles of lure produces the best in general? I know thats a tough question when it comes to musky, but you know what I mean.

Thank You Fatfingers

I have not fished Pymatuning for a few years now.I keep my boat on Tionesta Lake from May to October. Then I fish the river all winter if the ice lets me.My biggest this winter was a 48 incher on Christmas Day in the rain! That's the top pic on the web site. When I did fish pymatuning I did well on bright colors because of the dark water. I also cast most of the time so we would fish the north end of the lake.

fat fingers we mostly troll but casting is very good in spots. as for baits. we troll cranks that run shallow in spring and summer.. as for casting larger spinner baits and jerkbaits on the far east end of lsc and lower detroit river. theres many 50 inchers to be caught.