GB GONE

Anybody notice a difference in recent M-F plastisol smell?

I just opened my most recent 5 gallon container of M-F super soft plastisol. While pouring with it last night, I noticed a different, more "plastic" smell to the finished baits.

Has anyone else noticed this? I pour everyday so I was quick to note the different smell once the plastisol was "cooked."

The finished product is just as in the past but the hint of the plastic smell is much greater. Almost like the 3-G plastisol of years past.

Jim

Update guys....This one was totally my fault :oops: . The inside of my mic was dripping "something" into the pyrex cup. It smelled strong whatever it was collecting up there!!!

What ever was in those drops was the "smell" problem. Cleaned my mic good and problem is gone.

Thanks to Robert from M-F for calling and checking on me also!!!!

Jim

Hey Jim, you're onto something here.

I wonder how many of the problems we've all had with foaming, stinking, etc plastic could be traced to something condensing on the roof of the microwave and dropping back in. Maybe if everybody would stand on their had and look in the oven, then report back here, we all could avoid some trouble.

jm

I just happened to be looking at my cup go round and round and noticed something drop in and start popping.

I doubt that the bubbling and foaming is due to something like this as I did cook some of my other plastisol after I noticed this and it still was a big cup of foam...

This never has caused any problems with foaming or bubbles, just had a weird smell in the plastic and baits towards the end of my 5 gallons of M-F. Never smelled that smell before and I have cranked through plenty of M-F in the past year!!!

Jim