CrawChuck

Big Frog, Huge Frog!

Here's a couple of pics of my Big Frog and Huge Frog molds. The Big Frog is killer on big bass! Actually never made a Huge Frog as you can see there is no pourspace in the original mold. Might catch a huge bass but will need strong wrists and heavy tackle just to fish the thing! That's a standard ink pen between the halves for reference :D

bigfrog1xk.jpg

hugefrog3km.jpg

hmmm...not sure the PETA folks will be happy about this :lol:

Looks like a great mold and a nice bait. Assume you are running about a 5/0 EWG...any hook-up issues due to the size?

Hook ups were a problem till going with a Strike King Lightning Strike weedless hook. Stick a toothpick through the head sideways and run the hook in behind it. Catch fish all day like that with one frog. A little hair tied to the eye of the hook looks like the frog is chasing a bug.

How well do the legs pour? I am assuming you have to pour them with the mold apart before you pour down the hole?

Never had a problem with the legs filling. The body cavity is large and I guess there's enough hot plastic coming in to push it on down. Get some dents in the belly area from cooling unless you pour like a white in the belly and close it up and pour a green or pumpkin for the rest.

I really like craws but to be honest this is the big bass getter of all my lures. Had a UPS delivery guy come in my shop once and bought one of these for his kid to play with while he fished. The story goes, he was fishing a tournament on the Arkansas river in the dead heat of summer and had a couple of hours left without getting bit. Thought what the heck and put the frog on and won the tournament with over 20 pounds. I guess I believe him cause he came back to the shop and spent over $800 buying up all the frogs on the shelf, LOL!

An old buddy of mine we lost to Hodgkins some years ago put one on a texas rig and caught an 8 pounder on the first flip. Mad him smile real big and was his largest ever.

Myself...I could tell you alot of stories too many to mention. Just will say that it's awesome when they roll up on it!

Pretty much stick with green or pumpkin, sometimes pour a white belly. That Huge Frog is in an 8 inch position with the legs contracted, don't know if I'll ever make it a production bait, maybe special ocassion . I usually cut the Big Frog legs a little at the joints to allow them to straighten out given short jerks to make it look like it's swimming. So real it's scary.

The guy with most of my old molds and some poured baits is bringing my molds back in a little while, and a poured frog for me to get a pic. He says pouring baits made him sick. I guess he was not ventilated or used some bad plastic. So it will just be a little while longer. I'm glad to be getting my molds back :D

Crawchuck - I started pouring the 4.75" frogs this weekend and they came out perfect. For anybody that is curious about this frog mold, order one, you will not[/u'] be disappointed.......
His 2 piece craw molds are excellent as well.

Glad you guys like them :D ...Any problems pouring? Please send me pics of your catches :)

I have the same problems with indentions on my frog mold, but it works out for the best. Now I will have to modify the master to incorporate the dent. :) I was telling Lapala the other night that the dent always occurs in the throat of the bait. It ends up creating a "bill" and the frog will dive under the water slightly. It also creates a pivot point helping the hook drive upwards. Now I can't wait to fish some cat tails and pads.