Mac10

Keeping Small Jigs

When using and keeping small jigs, you can keep them in good shape by making Keeper Sleeves from fat drinking straws. Cut a straw piece a little longer than the jig, slit the straw almost to the end leaving about of a quarter inch uncut at the far end and slip the jig into the slit straw.....

The straw will cover the jig body and tentacles letting the eye and hook stick out.

If you can find clear or slightly foggy (translucent) straws, you can still see the colors of the stored jigs. If you can only obtain a white or red straw, they can be labeled with Sharpie permanent markers.....

I use these cases for 1/16 and 1/8th rabbit hair jigs extensively.

Im not quite sure what your asking. Keeping painted jigheads from the paint getting chipped? I would just consider getting some really small zip lock bags and putting 10-15 jigs per bag and not worry about it. The bag itself will dampen any movment so a min of damag is caused. Also most damage iv seen if from water, ever see a whole fly box full of rusty flies? Kind of the same with uncoated lead jigheads. Also dirt and oils mess them up a little

What I use for all my crappie tubes and heads is a plano stow-away, deep model like thishttp://www.planomolding.com/content/index.cfm?siteaction=product&lineid=4&groupid=18&sectionid=64&partid=235

and then I found small zip lock bags that are about 3.5" x 2.75" and they lay in the box sideways and keep all my plastics and jigs , clean, from melting into everything and from bleeding into each other. I can fit 4-5 bags in each section to have more selection of colors in a small area. basically I end up with a box full of lures instead of a box where only the bottem half is full of lures.