tad

Glitter?????

Actually... it depends on the effect you want.

I usually use 1/4 tsp for all my baits weather they are a combination of flakes or not ie: 1/8 red - 1/8 black = 1/4 tsp

BUT in Junebug I use 3/4 green so it all depends on your bait and what you want to achieve.

YES... write everything down! How else are you going to remember what you did?

What I do that really helps is to have two separate notebooks, none of that metal ring stuff, just the plain notebooks that you could tear out a piece of paper if you wanted to. One is titled experimenting. I write down what I put in the formula, what changes I make, what kind of plastic, flake, hi-lite, etc. Once you find one that works and you are satisfied with, write it down in the other notebook called Formulas. Keep it neat with the title written huge on the top, then add plastic, color, flek...it to something similar to this:

PURPLE BUSH

plastic: 4 ounces (mf)

color: 6 drops violet grape (lc)

2 drops rootbeer (dm)

glitter: pinch purple fine (dm)

dash black .35 (dm)

pearl: none

hi-lite: none

Something like that, of course if it doesnt take pearl I wont even add it on the formula list. You can even be more specific which I recommend by adding brand of item next to it. I tend to stick with one formula per page and add variations on the bottom half of the page. For an example I have a color called bedkiller. It has 3 or 4 variations such as bedkiller red flek, bedkiller bluegill and such. The only differences is adding different glitter which I write under the formula like this:

Bedkiller red flek: add pinch of red to original bedkiller

Bedkiller bluegill: add pinch of blue flek to bedkiller red flek

Also if you want to get real hardcore, you can take a picture of the bait and tape in under the formula so you can get a good idea what the color looks like for future reference. This has really helped me keep my formulas organized and top notch. Just a suggestion that Id thought Id share that has been extremely usefull to me. Take care.