One Sock

Customer service

Hi everyone,

Was just wondering. I have recently ordered some things from various manufacturers, including but not limited to, del, mf, lurecraft, barlows and stamina. Was wondering how do you rate customer service for the vendors listed.

shipping cost comments and turn around time would also be appreciated if not intersting

new to the pouring world but not the tackle making world. i have ordered from lurecraft,del,barlows and bobs. hands down lurecraft is the best!!!!! fast shipping and great communication! i ordered from del-mart on the 13th and still no package! i sent many emails with no return and finally called them. come to find out they shipped ups ground(8 days) when i payed for fedex 3 day. so needless to say i am not thrilled.

Lurecraft and Barlows are the best places that I have dealt with. I have bought a few molds from Del, nice molds but slow turn around to get items and lots of phone calls with being told the ship date and never saw it come when told it would be there.

Bob's, M-F and LC great! Jannes - excellent!

Won't comment about the others. Better not to say anything publicly if I have nothing good to say, but I share a few of the negative experiences posted. Service is as important as good product quality IMO and I will try and overcome a few product deficiencies as long as the service is A1, but a poor product makes for time lost and p/o'd customers.:mad:

I order from LC about 90% of the time and I am very pleased. Never had a problem with Barlows. Stamina was a little slow due to back ordered product.

I am testing a new mold maker to see if his turn around time is better. I was told 4-6 weeks which isn't bad. This guy does answer emails and returns phone calls. I will let you know when the molds are done and evaluate his overall work.

Very interesting topic. Robert and Jeff over at MF are great as are the LC folks. Del is,well you guys have covered that already, but he makes some really good molds. Bob makes good molds and has good customer service. I have also used Bob over at Ozark tackle and have been happy. I have never used the others mentioned. Saint.

Wished I would have read this thread before ordering some stuff. My order from LC was here in 3 days! My order from Del has been a week with an unanswered phone call and email...I too paid for 2-3 day shipping. That's not right.

That 2-3 day shipping note has been a thorn in my side for 3 + years, not everyone gets that note and we cant track it down. it is suppose to say we will ship plastics in 2-3 days, but for some reason it says 2-3 day shipping. it might be a shiiping info deal when it looks up shipping, general shippng is 5 days for home delivery( home delivery is a default shipping), of course unless you pick a overnight or 2nd day air..

As far as molds as fast as we get them done they are shipped, if we have them in stock they ship the same day, lots of times they are not in stock and we can never tell whats going to order first. some things we have lots of stock and some things we run out before the machine is finished mking the last mold of that type.

April did call the number from the msg yesterday and got no response and was going to call later and ran out of time. I called this am after seeing this post.

April is really good about returning calls, I on the other hand am in the shop 90% of the time and have a short memory ;)

Edited by Delw