Swizzle

Crawler Harness Newby

Hi all My name is Jason and my Parents own a baitshop. They want me to make some crawler harnesses for them. I started to tie a few snells using berkley trilene xt and the line stretches really easily. It's obvious before I even have the knot tied. What types of lines and poundage do you guys use. Right now I'm using 10lb test and money is tight so I don't want to buy 4 or 5 different types before finding the right line. The lake that my parents shop is on is popular for walleye and small mouth bass as well as trout. I'm more interested in making the harnesses just for smallies and walleyes for now. I would also like to know what colors that you guys favor and blade types. I have colorado blades on the way, size 2 & 4. Swizzle

Hi Swizzle-

I've been tying my snells with 10 Lb. test fluorocarbon. Less stretch than mono and much less visible under water. I like fluorescent chartreuse and fluorescent orange blades in sizes 1-4 for walleye rigs, but that's just my own preference.

Thanx Rollo, I can't wait until payday. Then I can place another order. I should be getting my first order of blades, beads, cleaves and floats tomorrow or wedensday. I'll be sure to post my first attempts and maybe some other pics as I progress. I read somewhere's about rattling worm harnesses. Where do you get the rattles for a worm harness? Oh and is there any particular name brand that you get of fluorocarbon? Swizzle