mrbass

basstrix paddle tail tubes

very easy to do

Grab a kitchen knife, mold the shape of a tail out of epoxy ,bondo or something stick that to the knife.

then dip the bait a few time leaving your last dip for the tail.

we played with a mold of it making the body close , pull the Knife( if you want to call it) out of the mold, with the partial body then paint it and pop your eyes on it and make one dip up to the tail.

let it cool off and your done.

making a mold of it just makes it faster and gives the body a better shape. it can be done with just a kitchen knife but requiers you to have a few pots of plastic at different temps so it will dip correctly and build up. also and having to make a tail section for you to dip.

as far as fishing?

its one of the best kept secrets in az and a few other states, BassTrix can't keep them in stock and when stores do get them they are sold out with in 1-3 hours.

They make some really nice baits and the hook up problems that you have with regular swimbaits you wont have due to its hollow.

I see them for sale on eBay every day. From what I can tell, the bait has a hook slot like a fluke. Seems you could take one of the baits like Bob has a mold of and cut a slit in the bottom for the hook slot. The baits seems to be real similar in design.

I have not held one up close so I might be way off....:yes::nono:

Jim

heres a place that you can get them from, this was on a board I frequent

Most of the Pro's are getting them from Oroville Outdoors / BassTackleDepot.com just like you and I can. I have personally taken orders from at least 6 or 7 guys on the Elite Series and another handful from the FLW series and I am generally only there 1 or 2 days a month (at the most)! I can't give names - that wouldn't be right... but, lets just say some of them are household names (at least fishing households)!

If you want them... they come in EVERY day at 10:00 Am and are generally sold out by 11:00 AM... Just call them in between those hours and order from what they have received that day. 530-533-4990 The phones are off the hook for that hour so be patient and you'll get what you need.

Sounds like a pain - but the baits flat out catch fish and are worth the pain and the $7 or so per pack!